Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bill Simmons - The Sports Guy

Simmons is one of my favorite sports writers around, mostly because he's hilariously funny. He writes for ESPN.com's Page 2, and I try to catch his new stuff as often as I can.

So I submit this link to his latest story, a ranking of all NFL teams, less as a pertinent sports story and more so you just have a link to his article. So, here you go.

Here's a preview, regarding the Cleveland Browns...

"I remember this past Sunday when Fox's Rich Gannon said, "You can't second-guess Romeo Crennel here." I won't even tell you the context. Just know that, yes, at all times we are allowed to second-guess Romeo Crennel. Even if he's single-handedly disarming three gunmen during a bank robbery as I'm lying on the floor with my hands behind my head."

And one more...

"At least one network needs to stick laptops in front of its guys. My preference would be CBS, if only for six straight weeks of Shannon Sharpe joking he has never seen a computer before and doesn't even know whether it's turned on properly as everyone overlaughs except for Bill Cowher, who will be glancing at his e-mails to see whether Jerry Jones e-mailed him yet with the subject heading, "What about $35 million for five years?"

No comments: