Friday, December 5, 2008

White America rejoice?

I guess all those white people who threatened to riot (yeah...) when OJ walked in '95 can finally back off those claims, since he's now facing at least nine years in prison for his, uh, kidnapping of someone in a hotel room.

OJ talk always reminds me of a radio talk show clip I heard on the Ticket, a Dallas sports station. I don't know what station it originated on, but OJ was doing a tour to promote his book from a few years back, the "How I did it" book, or whatever it was called. During the tour, he was taking some calls on another local radio station and it was replayed on the Ticket.

He gets a call from a guy claiming to be a huge fan, and although I don't have any kind of transcript of what he said, I've taken the liberty of paraphrasing what this glorious caller said below:

"Hey, OJ, I'm your biggest fan. I remember 1973, the magical season, I was 6 years old and my mom took me to a Bills game. We were standing on the sideline before the game watching you guys practice, and my mom yells 'Juice! Juice!', because she wanted you to sign a football for me. Well, I got distracted, as all little kids do, but when I turned around not only had you signed the football, but you also lanced my mom in her side with a pitchfork and..."

And that's when he got cut off....

Awesome work, dude. Keep it up! :)

No comments: